#22   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 08:50

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
Rob, the only organization that could fund such a study is the United States Department of Health, department of medical research.
It would be enormously expensive so requires a national body to fund
I would suggest a replication study of the Standford project

Benay, that would be one where we, citizen taxpayers, would actually fund the study. We have a couple large studies such as the Framingham Heart Study and NHANES; yet, they haven't really discovered or linked symptoms to real root causes. However, they have largely influenced how medicine views human health today.

While I refuse to engage in the ineffective and speculative political conversation of charges of corruption, the evils of capitalism, and the like, I firmly believe that people in every country where the health systems are failing to keep up with disease are learning other methods to counter this. Unfortunately, science is not always accurate, and therefore, not always helpful. The one thing we have going for us is that in many countries people were healthier (less diabetes, less heart disease, fewer cases of cancer, less obesity) in the past than they are today. That's a major clue for us to focus on and use to correct current issues. What has changed since then that we can recapture? If we can wade through the many contradictory and conflicting agendas to reach what is true for the individual, adoption of this knowledge will follow. It would be nice to have an all-encompassing, definitive study to cite, but you and others who are active in this forum are getting there in a different way. Not ideal, but it works.