View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 00:01
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

My DH and I are back into biking after many years. I got a hybrid bike (pics in my gallery or post 813 on page 55 of my journal) and I'm really happy with it. It's very light, has shocks and all that stuff, and it's really comfortable to ride.

I do both street riding and some trail riding. I've been happy with the performance on the trails - granted I'm not doing any super technical mountain biking. Just singletrack and graded gravel, some roots and small drops, etc.

We do that on the weekends, and during the week, hit the bike routes around the city.

My bike is a Norco - can't remember the model name - I will try to find out. When I was biking 10 years ago, I had a Cannondale mb but it was never comfortable for city riding. I'm happy with the compromise.

Biking is great! Feels like fun, instead of exercise. Even better if you can find some trails or old roads out of the city. Though that said, we've also had fun discovering neighbourhoods we didn't know about around town.

I'm really pleased about how it's helping me get these chunky legs in shape and burn off these last few pounds.

Woohoo!