Thread: Bicycling..
View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 09:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/219/150 Female 5'6"
BF:not done yet
Progress: 39%

This is incredible, truly, because I've only ever caught a few cycling-oriented things going on here This is Bike to Work week, too, any coincidence?

Jeff - I'd never really thought the Sirrus was overpriced, or at least not comped to things like the 7500fx that were also available at the time. (Haven't followed Trek since, except for an occasional druel over the new 5.9 Madone....) I do know that we've had to switch to a Salsa stem, carbon bars, and upgrade the brakes just to make this one right for us, and then neither of us ever ride it...... (BTW- anyone wanting a flatbar road bike apply within )

I liked the look of the tubing on the Marin frames in 2002 - sort of triangulated, right? The nearest serious dealer was up in Charlotte, though. Unfortunately they sell their stuff only in Galyans around here, and Galyans is the kiss of customer service death...... Irregardless (I always wonder if that is a real word?) my guess is you all are happy out there with Rodriguez winning that Giro stage a couple of days ago......

Kaillean - I've never seen Norco, are they purely Canadian? The specs on your bike are good - we've a friend that races xc on deore while everyone else goes highpriced, but he wins. I am a chicken when it comes to bruising so I never go offroad. and just tend to look at those of you that do with something like trepidatious awe.

Teardrop - I do totally get my coasts turned around for exactly the reason you mentioned! Shameful! I'll be up north the weekend before the 3rd, but if you are hereabouts (Atlanta area) at any time period we have three morning rides that weekend after the 3rd and it'd be a blast to have you ride with.
I'm also seriously thinking about doing the Puget Sound RAPsody ride in August because I am visiting a friend there at that time - http://www.rapsodyride.org/ - and yes, you are correct, it'd be hard for our west coast ride to pass east of you next year, LOL!

For everybody out there that is still battling the bulge - I do have this one link for gals sizes in cycling kit as well as Tri and running gear, in plus sizes - http://www.teamestrogen.com/

Lastly, SRD, I am terribly sorry if I've overexpanded and misdirected your excellent thread here. Please ride! Soon and often, and tell everyone what a blast it is when you have!

Allez Y'all!

sen
I just realized