View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 20:10
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

It sounds like we are eating much the same way. I've only been back to eating this version of my diet for the past few weeks after a stint of VLC. Frankly, I'm liking this better than VLC. I can have a heaping serving of LC veggies with my dinner, I'm eating less, snacking less, and feeling more satisfied with my meals. So the carbs and fiber went up and the calories are coming down.

For what it is worth, this is the way I was eating when I lost the last 20 or 30 pounds on my initial 250 pound weight loss journey. I did throw in some fasting at that time and I was setting calorie limits, but my basic diet is how I'm eating now. I managed to get the job done eating this way. I hope to do it again and lose this 20 pound regain.

I eat a little more protein than you and a little less fat in macro percentages. I'm at 15% carbs (more than half of that fiber), 25% protein, and 60% fat. I work out regularly, including resistance training, so this level of protein seems appropriate.

I wish you the best with your labs 8 weeks from now. Be sure to let us know how it turns out. I will likely be having labs done at about the same time. I'll report back here, too.