View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 17:32

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 190/160/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Thanks to Grav and Rob for your contributions to this helpful discussion!

The appointment went well, although my blood pressure was high at 138/98. She knows I suffer from "white coat syndrome" and I tell her what my typical home reading is (135/85) and she accepts that.

She was very pleased (of course!) when I told her what changes I've just made to my diet (switch to mostly monunsaturated fat, considerable addition of fiber, dramatic lowering of dairy), and said that she thinks I should get my next blood test in 6-8 weeks. I'll definitely make it 8 weeks. It also helped to keep her away from the statin discussion to tell her how I used the ASCVD (atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease) risk evaluator on the website of the American College of Cardiology and that accordingly, my 10-year risk of a cardiac event is 5.7% (optimal is supposedly 2.9%). According to the doc, the guidelines have changed and she doesn't want to prescribe statins unless the 10-year risk is 10% or above.

I'm happy to still be low carb. My fat macro is between 72-75% of calories consumed and thanks to all the fiber I eat, the net carbs are quite low. I'll see how my weight loss goes on this particular version of LCHF.

I had reached a plateau in my weight loss when I was eating very, very low carb and high saturated fat with lowish-moderate protein. Why I stopped losing is a mystery to me. I don't cheat. I'm hoping that the changes I've made will somehow kick-start loss again.