View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-16, 17:12

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Interesting. Looking at the post directly above, ^^^

I was in the 160's last year around the holidays. this morning I weighed in at 164. BLEH!!!

A year ago Thanksgiving I was introduced to vegan eating and over the course of the year I ate more and more vegan and vegetarian meals. I ended up dropping several pounds (152ish) without trying, but being a stress eater, have piled it back on the last 4 months or so.

I had a back injury a few years ago that took years to stop hurting. Even though the pain was way down, I tried to hike last year and the year before last, and couldn't do inclines - the pain would build quickly and I'd have to stop. Well, Christmas Day I went out to Valley of Fire with my son and his girlfriend, and I climbed a damn hill!! No pain!!
Throughout my day there, i was in my element (nature) and I want more. I want to build up my strength and endurance. What might be harder is to find someone who'd like to do some non-strenuous hikes. I don't feel safe out by myself. I've found 2 hiking groups out here, but one starts at 7 a.m. (I can't - not a morning person whatsoever) and the other's hikes are too strenuous. Oh yeah, and one more: they hike in wineries by making a deal with the winery owners that we will each buy a wine tasting. lol. I went to one and it was fun, but I can't pay $20 to hike on the regular.

So today I walked an old pattern over to the nearest shopping center one mile away. I walked as fast as I could and I was within 10 seconds of my time when I first did that same walk over a year ago: 39.22. That's sad. I'm doing a 19-miniute mile. haha

Onward...!