View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 20:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default A question about weight gain...

I just have a question that i have been wondering about for awhile. I notice that a lot of people cheat, or fall off the wagon, and gain a lot of weight back, in a very short amount of time. My question is, is this healthy? If following a low calorie, and you 'fell off the wagon', it would take a fair amount of time/calories to put back on the 13lbs that you lost. I am just concerned about the nature of the weight that is lost. I do understand that a certain amount of those lbs are water, it frightens me when people say that they gained back 13lbs of the 16lbs that they lost in a 2 week period... Theroretically, wouldn't you need to eat 3500 calories above and beyond what your body is burning? I am confused. I know that Atkins is a different ideology, but I get scared about how easily people can gain the weight back. I guess that i know i will be doing a version of low carb for the rest of my life, but i don't know if Atkins is the best plan for me. I am terrified of gaining this weight back if i switch to a different low carb plan, and potentially getting into a worse cycle of yo-yoing... I am still far from my goal (and losing quite slowly) so it isn't something i am too worried about right this second, but the question crosses my mind, anytime i see someone talk about gaining weight...
Sponsored Links