#35   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-13, 10:53

Plan: CAD
Stats: 242/189.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork
Well I just hope you find what works for you, and something that is doeable and satisfying that you can do forever! Do not sweat your doctor. The sad fact is MOST doctors do not no one thing about nutrition, nor hyperinsulinemia. The other sad fact is that the vast majority of health issues are all diet related! You should see the atrocious nutritional information I hand out to diabetics and cardiac patients at the hospital where I work as an RN. Trust me, as an avid dieter you know more than the average doctor. Then next group of doctors, the ones who actually do study nutrition are all on the vegan and macro-nutrient kick that is still low fat, high carb, and into eating as often and frequently as one chooses. Even most natropaths falls into that category. The best thing I ever got, and I use the term "best" lightly is one that handed me a coupon for a free week as Weight Watchers. Little did he know at the time that I had already been to WW 4 other times in my life PRIOR to that!

MIW

So true and so sad. I have a nephew and his sister do the Vegan woe. I guess it works for them. It just doesn't fit me.

I read how the Stress Eating Cure works which seems to be a little confusing to me at this point, but then I need to read a few things a little slower. Kind of skimmed through it to see the changes. I'm not sure I really understand some of the Comfort foods. I choose to eat the RM around 2 or 3 everyday because it is convenient for eating with DH. I am glad to see them say that it can be changed some days to fit what is going on because 1 Saturday a month we have brunch at ladies meeting at church and DH, DGS and I go out for breakfast after church and eat between 11:30 and noon. Eating that early kind of makes it difficult to go until 2 the next day, but I've been able to make it so far if I make my eating window a little longer than 5 hrs. I was just surprised with SEC some of the non-starchy veggies that they moved to Comfort foods. I do believe I will continue with the CALP woe as I'm slowly changing some of the things CALP recommends but not all. I do use Stevia only because when testing blood sugar readings, I found that it does not raise my blood sugar at all. So it is a safe thing for me and I don't over do it. I don't use MSG as far as I know and I just ordered GTF chromium only because I remember they talked about how Chromium Picolinate effects the kidneys and I do take Metformin which I've heard can cause problems for kidneys. My back hurts a lot which could be just because of fat around the middle but I don't want to take any chances. Of course, doc watches that pretty closely and since I've learned how to read the blood work, I also watch the numbers that are associated with the kidneys too. Not trusting everything to the doc. My doctor is extremely good and caring, and he gives me a lot of good advice however he always leaves the final decisions on most things to me. Like he told me they aren't sure people should take Vitamin E so I stopped taking it. Then I read that Vitamin E protects the vessels in my eyes and I know diabetics often time go blind. I decided that as a diabetic, I need to take Vitamin E so have started it again. I've seen the results of patients following doctor's ideas. My SIL is on dialysis, DH 1st wife lost toes, and if she had survived heart surgery, she would have lost both her legs. I don't want to go down that road.

I so appreciate all the Heller's have learned and will implement what fits me as I work toward a healthier lifestyle.

And thanks again dear friend for your sharing and your help. I do so appreciate your help.

Have a great day.