View Single Post
  #152   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 10:46

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I've really started to look at my eating as an addiction issue. The past 6 months on Atkins have been the most controlled weight and eating behavior ever for me. I recently tried to switch to South Beach and failed miserably at it. My cravings returned with the diet switch, along with mood swings and anxiety attacks. I lasted for about a week before having a total eating meltdown. The meltdown involved a container of Brownie Batter Ben and Jerrys, a bag of Cheetos, and all the chocolate in sight. It didnt make me feel better, my blood sugar bottomed out and so did I. I remember distinctly during the ride home after this binge just wanting to make myself throw up and take back the eating I had done. I didnt of course, it was just an urge that came up for me. I've really begun to see my relationship with food as an addiction and am treating it just as that. My self sabotaging moments with food always leave me the loser. I never feel good about it in the end. I am so thankful that low carbing has got my eating under control.