Old Tue, Jul-28-20, 21:00

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycie14
Ms. Arielle,

Yes, through my doctor. I'm a T2. I'm considered by the docs to be fairly well-controlled with A1c of 5.6, so I was afraid she would say no, but she just asked why I wanted it. I want to get back to my lower a1C of 2 years ago. She said we could try it for 6 months.

I downloaded the info off of the Freestyle website which showed her how to write the scrips. With insurance, I had a co-pay of $60 for 2 14-day sensors and $60 for the reader.

I may space out my usage. 1 month on, make some tweaks to diet and excercise for a bit, and then wear it some more.

You do have to double check with a finger stick, especially during first 24-hours of a new sensor. The readings can be all over the place. But if you aren't dosing insulin (I'm not), you can ignore the wonky readings and wait for it to settle.

So far, it's telling me what I already knew or suspected. Dawn phenomenon which takes a looooong time to clear. Exercising to empty glycogen stores helps a lot. Peanuts/peanut butter bad with a lingering result.

It's fun and aggravating at the same time!

Thank you for great details. A bit more than my primary can handle.

Perhaps finger stick is as valuable.

Helps me know where to put my money and effort.