#93   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 12:48

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
The mixture makes an effective tooth polish/whitener.

The acid in the lemon makes a fizz at first -- don't be alarmed, it's a chemical acid-base reaction. Plain lemon juice can etch enamel

The 50% calcium carbonate added is less abrasive than baking soda and is used in wine-making to neutralize acid. I found it on Amazon: "North Mountain supply."
Just added a few drops of essential oil (cinnamon, peppermint and clove oil) as the mixture was getting a bit thick or dry to use easily. I still use a fluoride based anti-sensitivity toothpaste or tooth oil most of the time to brush with.

Note: found vit K and K2 at HEB. Noticed the caution: not for those on blood-thinners like aspirin. I take a low-dose enteric prescription daily too. I likely get enough vitamins from the "Vital Farms" pastured eggs. They are delicious

You make great points on the chemistry of the components-- acids are not good for enamel but acids can be changed via chemical reactions.

An essential oil a good adjunct as some are anti bacterial. I have yet to try CO as part of the toothbrushing experience. Maybe as a mouthwash.

I have given up my anti-sensitivity with flouride toothpaste. I want to see if my teeth really can heal.

Most people dont get anywhere close to the amount of K2 needed. The cautionary note is a good one, as many foods supply our needs and can be in conflict with the drugs we take.