Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 15:13
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melesana
Please don't say never cheat. You're going to cheat. I'd rather call them indulgences than cheats, but whatever we call them.... We're going to pay for them with weight gain and diarrhea and stomach ache. Yes, it's water weight, and it goes away.

Meg

Well that is one way to look at it. You could also say that you should never say you shouldn't cheat on your spouse....that they are really just indulgences.

You pay extra on a LC way of eating when you cheat. Sometimes you pay 4-10 lbs...sometimes you undo months worth of work. It is not worth it. I am never going to let that in my mind again. I have failed for 10 years because I have thought of carbs as indulgences to be savored.

For me, they are poison and I am choosing to look at it like an alcoholic looks at at drink, one bite is too much because 1000 is never enough.

You can never overestimate the pain of a cheat. From what I can tell the ones who have been successful and maintained consider this a way of life not to be escaped, but enjoyed....a life without carbage.

The best thing to do when you cheat is learn and remember.

Now you are certainly entitled to your way of thinking and me mine...best of luck to you. Sincerely.. I just can't do it your way.