#63   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-12, 07:56

Plan: No factory-processed food
Stats: 230/147/147 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
Thank you for posting this, Demi. It's true - when I maintained my 60-lb weight loss for 5 years, I was exercising and lifting weights almost everyday and counting carbs. (under 40)

What got me was the last quote:

“The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is that successful people are willing to do what the unsuccessful people are not.”

I think of myself as an unsuccessful person, because experience shows that, sooner or later, I fail at everything. So I am slightly surprised--and still very fingers-crossed--that I have now maintained my weight loss since January, and without difficulty.

I don't give much credit to my strength of will or personality. I think my total change of diet changed my psycho-physical relation to food. The key was giving up processed food. That single move seems to have enabled me to eat normally, with almost no visitations of cravings or urges to binge. Happily, I have developed a disapproval of processed food so great that I simply do not want to eat it. The presence of such food in the house doesn't even slightly tempt me to touch it.

I never imagined this could happen. Instead of maintainance turning out to be the unsustainable ordeal I feared, so far it seems almost to be taking care of itself.