View Single Post
  #46   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-08, 17:34

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Bat Spit, do drop the batter in your brownie recipe on a cookie sheet? Or pour it into a pan like normal brownies?

I've done them as drop biscuits (on silicon or parchment) and I did my latest batch in my silicon mini-muffin tin. I'll do them that way from now on. They might do ok in a pan. The texture is more like a chocolate muffin than a dense chewy brownie, but they're moist and chocolaty and have a nice bread-y texture, so 'brownies' they are.

For extra decadence slice in half and spread one side with a little SF jam. I really really like strawberry. I had to do something with the tail end of the last batch because they were getting a little stale! It makes quite a lot. I did a half batch today and that was a better amount. The doubled egg didn't make any difference, but don't use 'natural' cocoa, it needs the bite from Dutch.

For valentines I'm going to put chopped frozen dark cherries in half a batch for my DH who loves cherries best. Should keep us away from the endless chocolate displays.
Sponsored Links