Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/119/105 Female 5'2
BF:28.2 - 18 - ???
Progress: 30%
Default Carb Counts For Drinks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom3
Whenever my husband and I have a drink, we have Capt Morgan and DIET soda. Hehe, what's the point I tell ya? I just use it in moderation! Does any one know the carb count of Capt. Morgan Rum?

If you wanna find out the carb counts of drinks go to FitDay.com. It's under the beverages section in the food menu. Almost forgot, any liquor that's flavored like orange vodka etc...is loaded with carbs.

The bad thing about drinking is it knocks u outta ketosis. Even though the carbs are low it still all converts to sugar. Scotch whiskey has the lowest carb count I've seen so far. Plus if it's a good brand, like Chivas Regal, it has less of a hangover effect...don't know why. Just does. And the 2nd bad thing about drinking is ur' body burns alcohol before anything else. So as long as you feel the effects you're not burning fat and to top it off because it's loaded w/ calories you're going to have your weight jump up (after the dehydration, which can make the scale go down) from all the yummy intoxicating goodness.

I hate that part of dieting cause I love scotch coolers...
2oz scotch
Dash of Bitters
Lemon Lime Soda to taste (Diet Sierra Mist works well)