#7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 05:36

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
It seems that drug trails, in general, only keep track of physical side effects. As far as I know, drug tests don't include monitoring mental changes.

They also weed out people who have side effects, eliminating them from the trial.

Hidden Side Effects: Medical Studies Often Leave Out Adverse Outcomes --
Quote:
A new analysis estimates that for nearly half of clinical studies, data goes “missing” when published

To determine how widespread the problem was, they analyzed 28 journal articles that together cross-checked the published data from more than 500 clinical studies with their original data sets.

The review's results quantitatively confirm that some drugs may have side effects not even doctors know about—which means treatments may not be as safe as they appear, says Yoon Loke, a physician and lecturer at the University of East Anglia in England.

I shared my astonishment in the War Zone, in the thread Beware of OTC meds because Flonase is now OTC and doesn't even list the side effects on the box like a prescription drug does. It turned out they were considerable, like a permanent loss of smell and taste and early cataracts.

Quote:
If you are a patient and take part in a clinical trial, when you sign the consent form you should be able to stipulate that you want the results of the study to be available to the public. On Alltrials.net, a large body of people are campaigning for all trials to be registered and all results to be reported so there aren't so many missing data

I'm hoping that through the public voice—as well as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently tightening up their regulatory requirements—data about adverse events will become available to a much wider audience.

I don't regard statin risks as "rare," especially since they are so severe. And they are given to women, who have ZERO studies showing benefit. Look at SSRIs like Prozac, which gets handed out like candy, and increases the risk of diabetes. I keep reading studies that claim people only "add ten pounds" but that's not the people I talk to or read about online.

And yet, we are told low carb will kill us.