View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-30-20, 06:05

Plan: LC cycle w/keto REAL FOOD
Stats: 141/126/112 Female 166 cm
BF:26/21/Lean
Progress: 52%

Thanks for the welcomes, Murrie and Thud.

Yes, I believe diet is the largest part of the equation. During the years I was away, I was generally eating meat, fish salad, eggs, dairy, oils, and non-starchy veg and haven't gained weight. I was with a partner back then, so occasionally, my carbs stretched to starchier things like carrots, peas and sweet potatoes, and the odd Ryvita. But no other grains or starches and zero sugars or fruits.

Exercise is important for helping me to get more toned and it reduces my appetite. I've never set foot in a typical gym because that's not the sort of thing I enjoy, although I did MMA many years ago which I loved.

Before I got injured, I normally liked to speed-walk to music for at least an hour most days. I discovered yoga last summer, which I love. I was doing 45 mins yoga 2 x a week, but increased to at least 20 mins a day most days because I love how it makes me feel: energised yet peaceful. Plus, I was getting stronger and had more muscle definition.

Since I can't be active at the moment (no weight-bearing on my foot), I don't have the leeway to have a higher amount of carbs at all. But the frustration of being immobile and not being able to do exercise has had me down in the dumps, so eating a bit worse.

My might see if I can try a bit of something gentle like Qi Gong or perhaps do yoga "Boat Poses" and other poses that work the muscles without weight-bearing. But my main thing is to get back to making delicious low-carb whole food. I'm excited!