View Single Post
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-20, 14:27

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Don't worry, probably lost me somewhere in there too.

Tracking ketones--I think maybe for neuro-stuff, including even just people who say they get less brain-for when eating ketogenically, it might be worth it. Which isn't to say ketosis is necessary for the effect if it's there, just that it might be worth checking to see. If blood ketones were as cheap to check as blood glucose, I'd probably do it for a while, just to see. I don't think it's necessary--I sort of know the effect of eating like this or that anyways.

Cottage cheese--I used to buy this early on, seemed a good crossover from low fat to low carb days, just bought higher fat cottage cheese when going low carb. It didn't actually work. A 500 ml tub of cottage cheese has maybe 500 calories but 60 grams of protein or so? Protein leverage? If I bought 5 to last Monday to Friday, I'd eat two or three the first day. I think there's something to protein leverage, but not much honestly. Sort of like--if all of your food is lower protein, you might overeat to get to adequate protein intake. I have not noticed honestly any effect of higher protein--if it comes with appreciable carbs or fat at all--in reducing appetite or preventing overeating.

I find 'ready now' a major issue with food. If I cook just enough for a meal, I may just eat it--and then be too lazy to cook some more. If I cook enough for two meals--I'm not too lazy to eat twice as much. If I make a one pound pork chop I'll eat it--even though I know if I'd just cooked half a pound, I'd likely be satisfied.