View Single Post
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-16, 19:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

boazy: if you are very close to goal (may want to adjust your stats), and you are not insulin resistant, then the goal of fasting for you may be different than for someone who has been losing very slowly, or not at all, despite having quite a bit of weight to lose.

IF is a good concept. But it's not a "speed up weight loss" idea, as much as it is a "get a broken metabolism back together again" idea.

With 7 to 10 lbs to lose, having started at 180, your metabolism doesn't appear to be broken. In that case, you may want to start thinking of the way you will eat once you are at goal, and eat that way down to goal, as well.

That way, you won't have big adjustments to make, and eating on plan will be your default for life, not a temporary fix.

That said, there are more than a few people here in this forum who routinely eat once a day.

I eat two to three times a day, within a 12 hour window. It'll get tightened up once our schedules are less chaotic, but it works for now, and will work once I'm at my goal, as well.