View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-13, 10:34

Plan: Atkins like
Stats: 233/229/140 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Too much at once?

Hi everyone I just happened upon this website a few days ago and really liked it so I thought I would join. Please have patience while I learn the 'ins and outs! So I was a full-time smoker for about 9 years until 3 weeks ago when I had to have an emergency appendectomy..I was in hospital for 5 days and did not have or think of having a smoke. Once home, it was too painful to move about and go outside for a smoke (never smoked in the house) so I was on week 2 smoke free. Interestingly, my average of 5 caffeine drinks/day addiction disappeared at the same time! As I started feeling better, I of course thought more and more of cigs, especially with the weather getting nicer! So in 3 weeks I have had 1 cig (broke down when a smoking friend came over). I want to quit and am fighting the urge every day. Having scotch mints and a steady flow of ice water has helped a lot (scotch and water, lol). So here I am with 2 more weeks off work for recovering from surgery and thinking about going l.c. (again). I thought, we'll, I have time to cook properly , rest if I get the 'atkins flu'. I 'really' want this for me..is it too much at once? The smoking and the eating change? Am I setting myself up to fail? I'm scared for when I return to work as I have a lot of smoking friends (why are there so many smokers in social services..hmm) and a lot of work stress. I am feeling great right now, just fighting the psychological triggers. I have never smoked around my kids so I am now home alone all day while they are at school but have not caved I have set up a savings to transfer my 'smoke money' to an account so I can take the family to Disney next year. I have never been known for my will power (have many pounds to lose..just need some support I guess? Sorry for the length..and do I have to give up my scotch mints??
Sponsored Links