View Single Post
  #244   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-15, 18:54
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/210/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I too am SO grateful I found this WOE before it was too late for me too. I was starting to get all the usual complaints, sore and swollen knees, water retention, acid reflux, sleep apnea ... ad nauseum.

Though I have barely lost more than a few pounds, I have lost some inches so there is that.

The absolute best part though is the feeling of well being (not that all the aches have gone away, but most have) and this lifestyle cured my seriously escalating IBS. That was threatening to ruin my life it was getting so out of control. My guts were killing me. Who knew it was carbs all along ? I realized a complete cure in 1 week - this after 25 years of increasing misery. That right there is the biggest NSF I could hope for.

PS - Super long hair is possible for us older gals and I know LCHF is helpful for achieving it. I started growing it longer about 5 years ago (don't ask me why, just had a notion that I wanted to) and I am now at mid-thigh and should make it to knee length by fall. And it is not thin and wispy either. See my Avatar - that was last summer.