View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 01:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 157/139.2/126.8 Female 5 ft 3 inches
BF:no idea!
Progress: 59%

Well if you don't like wet markets (neither do I) then I would suggest Carrefour (you know, in Suntec city). If you don't have a car (neither do I) then you should be able to get a bus there from most parts of the island. Then you can either get a taxi back with all your shopping bags, or arrange for them to deliver it later (which I think is free)

Don't worry about all the measurements that people use (cups, ounces, etc) if you don't want to. Just get a cheap pair of kitchen scales and weigh everything instead.

Then you can use Fitday.com and enter your foods there to count up carbohydrates, etc. It does still insist on measuring a few things in American cups, but you'll just have to use your best guess!

My understanding is that an American cup holds 8 fluid ounces of liquid. So it's not too hard to estimate how much of a certain food you could get into 1 cup, on the rare occasions where Fitday really won't accept any other measure!

What I would say is just do the best you can. If you don't do the diet perfectly then who cares? As long as you are losing weight at some rate, evenly if very slowly, then don't worry. Bear in mind that by living in Singapore we have challenges that other people in other parts of the world don't (no labels, lots of low-carb foods not available, normal diet of rice and noodles, etc)

So give it a go and just do what you can!