View Single Post
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 10:36

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi chrisee
I purchased tincture of motherwort and a tincture of chaste tree berry. But so far, I have only used the motherwort. My daughter is studying herbs and says that the tincture (herbs in an alcohol base) is much more effective then capsules, tea or pills.

I had a night of sweating back in May where I was waking up every 30 min with a sweat, kicking all the blankets off till I cooled down, covering up again only to have it start all over again. I wouldn't have minded so much except that I was losing sleep!

I started taking a dropperfull of motherwort before bed and upon waking in the morning. (under the tongue...and it tastes pretty bad so keep your water bottle nearby!). Within a few days, it all stopped! And no hot flashes during the day!

Now I only take it at bedtime. Still no hot flashes or sweats! Knock on wood!

And thanks for the encouragement and advice. You are sooooo right about the feeling better and looking better because of that. I have been getting the same results here, I feel great most of the time and I get compliments all the time now....and not about weight loss....just about 'glowing' and looking good.

Good luck with going off the HRT. I hope you have the same luck with the herbs that I have had so far.

Kathy