View Single Post
  #112   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 12:01

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've checked in a few times. I have a question for all you post menopausal women.
I seem to have just now really started to skip periods which means, from what I understand, that I am smack-dab in menopause.
Been in perimenopause for years, noticing many changes in menstruation, but never skipped one.
Everything I read says "expect to gain weight' during this time. This is so discourageing to me, cuz, I have spent my whole life being overweight and now, with this WOE, I am finally really LOSING weight/inches and feel great! I can't believe that I will be GAINING now that menopause has hit. I am also wondering if that might contribute to long stalls..... like the natural weight gain of menopause is being cancelled out by this WOE and vice versa. Which means...homeostasis! EEK! I hope I am way off on this. I would love to hear from others.

Also, I wanted to share with you all that I have been using herbs to counteract night sweats and hot flashes. Started having them pretty bad about 3 months ago, and since taking herbal tinctures regularly,I haven't had ANY night sweats and the hot flashes are barely noticeable adn usually occur after I eat something spicy or sip a glass of wine.

kathy