#2029   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-14, 06:25
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-

welcome back Steels! OMG!!! You have had an unbelievable couple of years. Of course our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope BOTH daughters do well. Wow.

I have been able to stay on plan despite lots of travel and medical issues in my family- if I would go back to how I used to eat I'd be sick and I need to be at my best to deal with life! So I eat this way. I find that I can almost always get some kind of protein for breakfast and lunch and then freestyle it for dinner. Notice I put "almost" in there- there are times there is nothing else to eat but something including carbs. If I don't have any other options besides not eating at all, I might (probably will ) eat that food, call it a bad RM and do the best I can. It's funny- I will eat a hot dog without a bun off a cart in NYC anythime for lunch (veggie is kraut)- DH did that last week and complained about how bad it was! I laughed.

MaryH- I do what Pat does when I am at someone's house. I will have a beverage and just decline the food. I was at a friend's house for 'tea' a few months ago- she served tea (which I hate), scones and jam and clotted cream and fruit. I took a cup of tea which I played with. No scone or fruit. Just saud 'no thanks' and had a good time. If someone has cheese and crackers I will have some cheese. But my health and wellbeing is more important than being polite and eating something I don't want. If I REALLY want it I will ask if I may take some home for later.

Last night I had salad, leftover grass fed beef burger, onions, slaw, and a pita bread toasted with butter and peach jam. YUM.
DH went out to dinner- got home at 11 pm!

Tonight he wants sausage - but I'm having a hot dog for lunch (COSTCO!) so no sausage for dinner. Have not decided yet what I will make.

Going out for dinner the next 3 nights. Tomorrow I am supposed to bring dessert for 9 people- including 3 kids- so I am baking a cake! I used to bake lots now hardly ever. So I have to get all the ingredients! It will be fun.

Before Costco I'm going to my new exercise class. I also had my 20 year old bike fixed up- new tires, brakes, and a general tune-up. I will take a ride tomorrow with DH.

later-
E