#2027   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-14, 14:53

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
How come you will be having chocolate in your RM for weeks now Patricia...???
Were you inundated with chocolate gifts this year?

I know what you mean about having 3-4 carbs made up of 'little bits'.
I did this yesterday too because there was just SO much delicious things around. I had like 1/4 of a hot cross bun, a thin slice of baguette...that kind of thing at my RM. I just couldn't resist tasting these things but I won't make a habit of it.
I'm going to try to curtail my treats to just once a week really!

Well its been the first time in living memory when I didn't eat my body weight in chocolate on Easter Sunday.
I had a big ice-cream (Magnum; Almond) & 3 individual chocolate sweets as part of my RM.
I've never felt more in control in my entire life. Ever!!! I did probably over-carb but
its a vast improvement to be able to even identify the amount of
chocolate I had; whereas previously it would be a case of 'too much to mention'. It is like a whole new world now &
I'm so pleased.

I just wondered how do other people cope when they visit some people's houses and they provide things like tea and cakes & biscuits.
Or the people who kind of insist on you taking a sweet or mint from them.
You just say no thanks?
I still find those kind of situations hard really.

When I'm visiting, I do just say no re the treats (or ask to take a cookie etc. home for later), and enjoy a hot cup of tea or coffee. My husband ordered some of my favorite dark chocolate with nuts for me, but due to a shipping oops, it wasn't going to arrive before Easter, so he went out and got me some...and then the box arrived the day after. Now I have tons..lol.