View Single Post
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 06:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I had wanted to lose weight for a long time. But one day while I was in the ladies room at work I got a shot of my butt in the full length mirror! I was shocked at how wide and "flat" it was! My gosh... it was my mothers butt!!!! That day at lunch I was in Target and saw Dr. Atkins book. I bought it and I have not looked back. Although I have only lost 24 pounds in four months I feel so much better. Last weekend my daughter asked me if I was going to stay on Atkins forever. I cannot imagine going back to my old eating habits. One of my co-workers (who is about the size I was) told me last Friday that she is so proud of me for being able to stick to my diet! I told her that I cannot believe how easy Atkins is (we are having this discussion in the breakroom that has a table loaded with homemade coffee cakes and breads!) I told her that I don't even have a desire to have any of the food that was on that table. She found it hard to believe. Before Atkins I was a total sugar freak. I don't know what has come over me (Atkins! of course) but my cravings for sweets and breads are gone. My heart palpatations are almost nonexistant (except for the week before TOM, must be hormones) and I feel so much better from the inside out! I had someone at work call me skinny! I am 44 pounds away from goal but you can definitely see it. Dh has even called me "Minnie"!