View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-12, 18:17
Registered Member

Plan: JUDDD/Low-Carb/IF
Stats: 160/140/120 Female 5'3"
BF:32%/22%/15%
Progress: 50%

Honestly, it irks me that sexy (under heteronormative standards) means thin. When I was in the 200s, I was told I was beautiful, smart, hilarious and awesome by the guys I chased, yet, I was always the "best friend". I've had so many friendships with men that seemed so emotional and strong like an intimate relationship, yet it was non-physical. I feel like for so many years, I was what HIS HEART wanted. And who knows, maybe what his eyes and what is in his pants wanted... but because of the social stigmas around fat female bodies, he wouldn't even think of running with those desires.

There is nothing wrong with you. Whether you're in the high 200s and losing weight for health reasons... or whether you're like me, and have just a little more you'd like to lose for vanity reasons. Don't let society's sizeist mentality get you down.

However, it is important to push yourself and reach YOUR OWN goals. If you want to "strive for perfection" make sure you make your own definition for perfection. This process will be so much better if you love yourself and make REALISTIC goals.

Enjoy healthy foods, enjoy weight training, enjoy the results... even if they're slow. More importantly, enjoy you.