#23   ^
Old Sun, May-03-20, 13:35

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
I just watched a video on youtube that patients with low total cholesterol in China were more likely to die from the COVID-19 than people with higher cholesterol. More proof against trying to get a low cholesterol.

I heard that too. Also...I've heard lately that for older women (men too??), higher cholesterol is desirable because it's protective. I've read so much about how your own body produces cholesterol because your body and brain NEED cholesterol. If you eat a low cholesterol diet your body compensates by producing more as needed by the body. If you eat higher in cholesterol (as we tend to do on Atkins type diets), your body doesn't have to produce as much. The point seems to be that your body requires a certain amount of cholesterol to function property, and it gets it one way or the other. I just haven't seen any conclusive proof that eating foods with high cholesterol leads to high cholesterol. The basic cholesterol test is OLD as the hills, old science I think, and the assumptions about it are very out of date.