View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-14, 07:56

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

When I have been determined to get back to eating right even though my control isn't there yet, I would think of one thing that is on plan that is a comfort food for me. For me, that means easy to fix, cheap to buy and easy to have on hand. It also should be very low to 0 carbs. Then I eat a lot of that until the residual of the bad stuff is out of my system. It could be pork rinds for those who like them, or it has been nuts and diet soda for me, but only if snacking is my current issue. If it's meals that are giving me trouble, my go-to is eggs. Yours might be bacon although that isn't cheap. Whatever it is that you like, branch out from there once you get yourself off of the worst of the carbs and move to full but simple meals. Also work on whatever real life problems are stressing you out at the same time. Good luck and don't quit coming here for encouragement. If we didn't hit it on the head yet, give us more guidance as to what you are dealing with, motivation-wise. I had decided that I needed to quit eating wheat and had been doing well but starting in the spring of 2012, I went back to fast food and quit caring about the wheat, eating all the bread I wanted, ignoring the weight it brought with it too. Then, on the first weekend of November, the chickens came home to roost. It turns out, wheat can suppress your thyroid and low thyroid can put fluid on your heart. We don't know for sure, buy my internist at the time was convinced that that landed me in the hospital and within a month I was Life Flighted to the hospital for emergency surgery. My point is that your health should be your priority and carbs can make you very sick. Take care of yourself.