#7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-19, 12:47

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
One thing that always enters my mind about supplements is not only that it is not the natural form of the vitamin like with vitamin C but also where are these chemicals sourced from.
For instance I ordered Great Lakes Cologne. I thought it was from the US because of the name. After searching the bag for the source and it was not listed so I called the company I bought it from, I-Herb and they said it was from Brazil. That was right at the time the Olympics were going on there and after seeing the horrible pollution with raw sewage in the bay and sewage running raw in ditches. Then other articles/reports said there is no clean water because of the contamination. I threw it in the trash.

IMO (and I'm no nutritionist) if the synthetic vitamin is molecularly identical to their natural counterpart, it's OK with me.

I've read articles on both sides of the fence. Here is an example:
https://www.smartypantsvitamins.com...al-vs-synthetic
You just have to pick what you believe. There is so much written with an agenda out there.

I am careful about the brands that I purchase though. Especially because of the capsule and other ingredients might make a difference.

As far as cologne is concerned. Neither my wife nor I put any artificial perfumes or colognes on. We keep clean and don't need it (actually I like her very slight, gentle, natural aroma). I'd be more concerned about the chemicals put into the colognes and perfumes than the vitamins. But that's just me.

Bob