View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-24, 14:17

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I found a witness. Likely the closest I can get to an answer.

Mind you, I'm not saying it makes sense, at all.

Witness: Sunny used insulin, Valium

Quote:
Martha 'Sunny' von Bulow in 1978 [was] recommended insulin shots to lose weight and liquid Valium to ease tension, the socialite's exercise instructor testified Wednesday at Claus von Bulow's attempted-murder trial.

Joy E. O'Neill of New York, a su[r}prise defense witness, was the first person to link the comatose Pittsburgh utilities heiress with injected insulin and liquid Valium.

Geez, who did the AP hire back then, kindergarteners?

Quote:
Miss O'Neill, a slender middle age former ballet dancer with dark hair tightly pulled back, said she was Mrs. von Bulow's exercise instructor four years at New York's exclusive Manya Kahn salon.

Late in 1978, Miss O'Neill testified, she had a conversation with Mrs. von Bulow at the salon. Miss O'Neill said she was gaining weight and was tense and asked Mrs. von Bulow's advice.

'She said to me, 'What you probably need is a shot of insulin or Vitamin B,'' to help lose weight. To calm down, 'she said what I probably should have had was liquid Valium.

'She said, 'It's easy to inject yourself.' She said somebody had to show her how to do it and it was easy to do. The needles are very thin, you don't feel a thing,' Miss O'Neill testified.

Which was more than I expected to find!