#26   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-19, 09:40

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
The longer you can go without a favorite fattening food, the less pull it has on you. At least that's how it works for me. The trick for me was never-ever eat the trigger food. One bite and you are back to day-one.
It's so interesting how different we all are. If I had to say "never" to so many things I love, I don't think I could be successful. I was just give in and fail. But, for me, it's so much easier to know there are special occasions when I can and will have anything I like. I went out to a very nice restaurant for dinner and ordered a cocktail, wine, dessert, everything. I planned to do this and didn't worry about the carbs. I would have been so disappointed to go to a 5-star restaurant that I may never go back to and be calculating in my head what I can and can't eat. But today, I'm right back on low carb. This was always my plan, so know it ahead of time, makes it easier to get back.

It's the slips and their accompanying slopes that come without plans that are tricky for me. And for me those are more likely when I've tried to say never and I can't stick to that.