View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-19, 06:15
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

I began eating <20 grams of carbs per day, 46 yrs ago.
I kept 40 lbs off me for decades..
Even through childbearing years.

In 1999 I got mixed up with an alcoholic and picked up same habits..
Gained all the weight back.
The affair ended in 2006 (Feb 1st) and that was when I went back to <20 grams of carbs, and then to zero carbs.. I was in ketosis for 6 yrs, and then in 2012, I ate focaccia bread... and got real sick... body didn’t have the enzymes to digest flour..
From 2012, until present day, I have incorporated a few more carbs, (still) <20 per day.. But from all the years of eating LCHF, I have pretty much maintained my weight and health. The years of training to eat properly is embedded in my brain.. I know that alcohol and fruit and processed food will trigger hunger and depression.. I know to limit it, considerably. It’s taken 46 yrs of practice.

I eat pretty much <20 carbs a day, and will probably eat this way for the rest of my life. It was constant discipline. And I know that I will fail miserably if I go off my path..

I have gotten lazy in the past and eaten pizza, fried chicken, hamburger buns...
But for some reason, my brain knows to stay away from sugar.. I don’t really eat sugar, but I love a good sandwich...

This is my path. This will be my path for life.
I don’t know any other way to eat, other than <20 grams of carbs per day.
I go in and out of Ketosis, as I have for 46 yrs... and I know what will be my downfall, should I stray too far from my path.

It’s ingrained. It will be ingrained in you, too... there really isn’t any other way to eat, successfully and with good results... but you already know that...
Just stick to your “faith” and good results will continue.

Good luck with your journey. It’s been quite a ride for me...
So many N-1 Experiments under my belt.