#2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 05:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/227/200 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Soft and Squishy
Progress: 0%

Hi Ellen!

Welcome and thanks for your question.

I am an American that has been living in Dublin for the past year. I am sure that you will have a super time. Wrap up coz it does get very blustery - no snow but cccccolllddd.

I would bring some splenda with you. It is available here, but somehow I think everyone has jumped on the Atkins bandwagon and it is very hard to find...

One of the things I always used to love about visiting Ireland was the chips (french fries to you and me!) yummy, but sadly not Atkins friendly anymore.

Lots of beautiful fresh seafood all around the country and lovely, grogeous cheeses. If you are in Dublin, stop by Sheridan cheesemongers off of grafton street. They are very nice and generous people and will invite you to taste some of the best Irish cheese around!!

If you are going to take a bit of a "sabbatical" from Atkins because you are on holidays, here are a few good suggestions:

Galway: Good fun at the Quays. They have great live bands upstairs and I guarantee you will have a super time. Most of the resturaunts in that area are pretty good as well.

Dublin: 40 foot Resturaunt in Dún Laoighaire (pronounced Dun Leary) is excellent. Wonderful bar downstairs, amazing food upstairs and the view is pretty cool as well. Pub grub in Dublin - Hairy Lemon on Drury Street or the Clarendon Pub. Nice dining: Bang or the Tea Room at The Clarence Hotel.

Feel free to write me if you need any more ideas. Have a super time!!

K