View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 13:21

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I like to read scientific articles about health and other subjects. My job is in the fantasy realm, so to escape from that I go to reality.

I have read more than once doctors calling insulin "The killer hormone" because of the damage it does.

Sure you need it to process the sugar in your system, but at the same time it's processing the sugar, it's damaging you. So the idea is to limit the amount of insulin you need, that way you get less sugar damage and less insulin damage.

But like I said, some people the pleasure is worth the risk to them (not me). Same for heavy drinkers, smokers, sky divers, skiers, mountain climbers, contact sports players, and so on.

We all make risk/benefit decisions. I took a vacation to Australia last year. I flew in planes, hiked in the continent that has 2,000 pound man-eating crocodiles and a number of other dangerous animals, skin dived on the great barrier reef (didn't see a shark), flew home, and drove on I-95 from the airport to my house. All involved risk. This year I might go to Vienna.

I guess eating a keto diet involves some risk. How do I know the people who tell you fat is bad for you don't have at least some point? We all pick what to believe and there is a lot of fraud out there.

I believe the keto diet is the healthy way for me personally to live. So far - so good. I'm 73 and on zero meds. An ex-policeman I just met guessed my age as low 50s (and he is a trained observer). I haven't even caught a cold in at least 15 years.

But the same diet to someone else might be detrimental. I can't say.

But I certainly believe sugar stokes the fires of cancer, and might be a contributing factor as well.

Bob