#4   ^
Old Mon, May-27-19, 07:57

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieScot
It takes effort and awareness and honesty to keep the weight off.

Although my hill has never been as steep as yours, I think RS nailed it with the above. I have done the low carb thing twice before, dropped 20 lbs the 1st time maybe 15 years ago and dropped close to 40 lbs the 2nd time 18 months ago, and here I am again. The biggest mistake I made, I believe, was not stepping on the scale daily after I reached my goal. Without that information, I was blissfully ignorant of the fact that I was sliding again, until a few comments from the wife and tight 36 waist pants yanked me back to reality. It is human nature to not want to receive negative information, whether it is a job evaluation, looking at the bank balance, looking at your kid's grades (my least favorite at present), or seeing you gained 2 lbs on the scale.

I viewed my previous successful low carb efforts like climbing a mountain, and once I reached my goal I allowed myself to believe that I had nothing left to do. That did not work out.

So I think the starting point, at least for me, is to:

Face The Scale Daily - Once I am at my goal, use this information as the guard rail; to keep me from veering off the path