View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-21-15, 20:10
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Hopefully this will help you feel better about your lab results. Here is a chart of what mine have done over the past 2 years...

Everything was going well, then my LDL went through the roof on my last test. The doctor had me retested and the results were more or less the same. Currently, I'm doing an N=1 experiment to see if I can bring that number down. I was really pushing the diet and exercise in the months prior to that last test. I was eating 1800 calories a day, walking 20 miles a week and losing fat at the rate of 9 pounds a month. I suspect that the extra LDL was coming from my own fat. My experiment is that I've increased my daily calories by about 500 - mostly from fat and protein. I want to slow my rate of loss down. My daily saturated fat intake has gone from around 50g to 70g per day - which is, I'm sure, not what the doctor would have me do. But if my LDL goes down, then at least I've proven that it is not the saturated fat in my food that was raising the LDL. I get retested at the end of June. I hope this little experiment goes well.