View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 16:40
Registered Member

Plan: Non-specific
Stats: 234/145/120 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

~LizardQuee -- oh my god, you sound like my low carb twin sister!! That's exactly what happened to me too, I could eat cheese and fat bombs until I puked from overeating and still feel like I was going to faint I was so hungry, it was awful. Plus I was piling on weight too. At least I'm not alone.

I might not be too far off from the protein goal, I'm not sure I can afford to really buy more but I can try for it I suppose!

I've stopped piling fat into my meals, it never seemed to satisfy me. Maybe it's because I don't have a gallbladder anymore, but I tried supplements and it still didn't really satisfy me!

The maple syrup flask is just about empty and I cook in bulk, so freezer space is really at a premium, I might as well finish it. I was using it to see how I felt with more carbs in my system, it's certainly not going to be a permanent addition.

But what do you think about stuff like alternative milk that has sugar added to it to make it more like dairy milk? Technically that's added sugar but it'd be really hard to hit my carb target without it.

I don't drink at all, can't afford it, calorie or money wise!

Hovering right on the edge of Onederland really is brutal isn't it?! I hope you're able to become a permanent resident soon! Of course there's always something to fret about, right now I'm hovering too freaking close to being obese again for comfort.

Unfortunately exercise does much more harm than good for me. I have chronic fatigue syndrome and whenever I do something that requires extra energy it's a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. The extra work drains the energy reserves that were meant to get me through the next few days, and I'll be wiped out and flat on my back for 5 - 10 days, depending on how much I overdid it. One time I decided to try doing pushups and did five against a wall instead of on the floor, and even that set me off.

What about regular potatoes, like russet or red? I can't stand sweet potatoes, or brown rice for that matter, I never succeeded in making it palatable. I've been sticking with fruit, but I'm not really getting the results I want. It could just because I'm so sick already, I'm expecting too much of an improvement. I am way better than I was on keto but it'd be nice if I could feel the way I do on cheat days!!

I seem to do a lot better when I mix my foods too. Chocolate seems like the only snack that's really likely to satisfy me, maybe because there's carbs and fat in it? If I try to snack on something that's only protein, fat, or carbs, it doesn't seem to register.

I can't say keto ever really worked for me! I started feeling ravenous after a while and then stayed that way the whole time I was on it. I think I'm really sensitive to my blood sugar levels, I don't know if I was genuinely hypoglycemic on keto but it sure felt like it. Keto's hard enough without the knowledge that your hunger would go away if you could just have a piece of fruit . . .

Thanks, I could use some!

~Ms Arielle -- the bottle that I got came from someone's house and was already opened, I have no idea for how long, just that it was stored on the counter. I really would rather not take any chances with it. It's almost empty anyway, I'll behave once it's gone!

I don't know that I'm really craving carbs per say? It's more that I feel crummy and wonder if more carbs would give me a boost. I've had my blood sugar get completely out of control on a higher carb diet before, but this isn't that. It's just a low grade 'can't I do a little better than this?' type of feeling.