Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-08, 09:25

Plan: Schwarzbein "The Program"
Stats: 168/168/120 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I went over the book some more last night too. I took some notes this time too and I think that will help solidify what I'm doing. I think I answered a few of my own questions! lol

I'm following the 25 carb plan for Insulin Sensitive w/ Burned Out Adrenals.

Cutting up veggies ahead of time is such a good idea. I think I'll use today to make up some things ahead of time too. You're so right about trying to prep food while you feel like you're starving! lol And I totally can't wait until we get to the point of not having to think and plan for what's next too!

Know any good ideas for 'grab-n-go' things? I was thinking about making some chicken salad and portioning it up.
Also, maybe those oatmeal pancakes that have cottage cheese in them? I think they'd be totally balanced by themselves, or at least easily balanced out with something simple.

Simple is hte key word here!

I just made a blended salad and I wanted to see what you guys think of it. Hoping I got the right balance in there...

3/4 C cottage cheese (P)
1 C yogurt (C w/ a little toward P)
3/4 C mixed berries (C)
1 C baby spinach (nsV)
1/2 cucumber (nsV)
1T Udo's Choice Oil (F)

It's sooo good. I hope it makes the grade. (you could always add a drop or two of stevia if it wasn't sweet enough for your taste, but I like the taste of the cucumber and stuff so the fruit is enough of a sweetener for me)

LMK what you guys think.

Here are a couple other ideas I'm mulling about:
I really liked these quick snack/meals from other plans I've tried in the past, but I'm not sure how to make them fit with my new WOE yet...

From the Zone - cottage cheese mixed with natural applesauce and fruit.

From Dr. Bob Arnot - Yogurt w/ uncooked oats mixed in.
Black beans and Brown rice.

The fat would be easy enough to add in I think. I'd just use Udo's, but the rest I'll have to work on.
Any ideas?

Oh! I almost forgot your question Mary-Frances ~ I live in Terre Haute. It's about an hour SW of Indianapolis, near IL. Where are your family from?