View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-17, 08:31

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I used to have trouble with evenings but that is a thing of the past. A lot of things made a difference. First and foremost changing to a very low carb diet brought my hunger down to something more manageable, not that ravenous gotta eat and gotta eat right now. For this to have an effect you have to be very diligent in your diet and not let those carbs start sneaking in. Secondly I learned to just notice the cravings without giving them any energy, without telling myself how much I wanted/needed this or that food. Instead I told myself that cravings just come and go so if I could just notice the craving but not act on it it would pass. It might come again and very quickly but each time it came it would also pass as long as I just watched it and didn't tell myself anything that made it harder to experience. Finally I set a rule, no eating after 6PM and for the most part I stick with it, plan my eating around it, don't let myself deviate from it or only minimally when life events intervene and I eat something a bit later than usual.
What you tell yourself about the craving makes a big difference so try to give yourself different messages about how cravings are temporary and you can ride them out. Eventually it will be true and not so hard.

Jean