View Single Post
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-12, 08:07

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

2 summers ago I looked for every LC diet book I could find at the used book stores. That is how I found Protein Power. And severel others.

I like both PP and Atkins, they are almost the same. Atkins talks about the higher nutritional benefits of the lc vegies and fruits; eat more food for the same carb count. THe nutitional value of lc salads is a boon to good health. He also mentions breaking a log jam by changing up food intake, and IMO PP is a great solution. Very close to Atkins without getting far off from Atkins.

I will need to reread Atkins, but I don't see where he recommends a specific %fat. He does present studies in which a higher % fat and lower calories can be very effective, again to get off a platueau. Maybe I missed something, but I don't remember Atkins being HIGH fats if you don't want to.

What I do like about PP is the reminder that a body does need sufficient protein to maintain itself everyday, for repairs and building block for biochemicals. SO the more exercise the more protein every day. I did find the calculation incorrect for me. It is based on standardized body shapes and I fall outside that general design. If I ever weigh 135# I would look sickly thin. But overall I do like the reminder that each meal should be based on 1/3 of the daily protein requirement.

I like both PP and Atkins. THe carbohydrate Addicts diet put me right into binge eating with in 24 hours--not a good one for me.