View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-21, 08:15

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Now I'm glad my boys had to take biology in HS.

I've been pushing nutrition on them for years, but nutrition does start with basic bio.

Seems to me as diet and medicine is vital to good health it's worth investing in the knowledge needed to understand what is BS and what is good information. As we know, we need to know more than the poorly educated MDs.

A woman from church has been given the DASH diet. And limiting food to three small meals . She is dropping weight steadily but HUNGRY all the time. We have good conversations. She is engaged. I don't push low carb, but give her informative material from the youtubing MDs and COs, letting her view these at will. She watches every one. Then sticks to what her doctor recommends.

Slowly she is breaking the rules and then testing her BP with a home cuff. Increasing salt intake did not cause BP to increase. A concept I've talked many many times. Even pointed out low salt intake is linked to higher death rates. And the Cl is important for HCl production to digest food and stop acid reflux. Which ACV also addresses.

Bottom line, it takes an interested party to learn. And it takes time to understand new material.