#8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-19, 14:11

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Sadly, they have to search out the information like we have because it certainly isn't being offered freely by the medical field, probably out of ignorance but mostly out of "standard of care".

If we offer info to these sick individuals, they look at us like who are we to question a medical doctors advise, surely they are the expert!

I think that's a bit true but I've met a bunch of people without much education who have never researched low carb that balked ASAP against the dietary advice simply because they had done the basic diabetes education and realized that sugar/carbs was what was raising their blood sugar. I mean, that's all you really need to know - the proof is right there on your glucometer. Meanwhile, people with advanced degrees in health fields - even doctors - are sucking down the carbs even though they've researched every low-carb diet in the world. I think it's more about the personality and being willing to see what's right in front of you. You don't have to join a low-carb forum to realize rice and bananas will spike your blood like crazy. You just have to want to be healthy. People want what they want.

At the same time, the ADA has put a glow on carb addiction that is criminal.