View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-23, 06:25

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Above, I wrote how there's evidence we can "burn out" or otherwise damage our receptors for vital body functions. So, it is likely to happen with the receptors targeted with these weight loss drugs. Expect more of this obviously hot commodity.

Specifically from the linked article: They took blockbuster drugs for weight loss and diabetes. Now their stomachs are paralyzed

Quote:
“Unfortunately, there have not been these types of robust studies, and so the whole idea that this class of medications actually delays gastric emptying is not as well recognized,” Camilleri said.

“It is conceivable that some patients may have borderline slow gastric emptying and starting one of the GLP-1 agonists may precipitate a full-blown gastroparesis.”

This particular phenomenon is how I became so steroid avoidant now. People would take a steroid which precipitates an immediate worsening in their condition. Sometimes, that inflammation the steroid is prescribed for is caused by an infection, which gets out of control from the immune suppression of the steroids. Now, the latest studies on knees is about not using steroid injections for pain; it accelerates the damage and speeds up the condition.

I've concluded that inflammation that is brute force knocked down should probably be reserved for life-threatening conditions. I now avoid immune suppression in all its forms. And there are more than we realize.