View Single Post
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-19, 09:26

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I am an anomaly I guess. This was easy for me. I was happy to switch up my diet. I embraced low carb whole heartedly and haven't strayed very far since. I think it's been about 15 years. I also think it really helped that weight was only a part of my motivation. I was after much better health right from the start. It is a shame that the Heal Clinic model didn't succeed because we all know that Dr Westman's approach works and has worked for so many people. It must be a great disappointment to him and I imagine he feels bad for all the people who invested in it.

One reason I think it was easy for me is that I kept it simple. There wasn't as much distracting information. I followed Dr Bernstein's 6-12-12 eating plan and combined it with a paleo diet that I learned about from a book entitled "Neanderthin" by Ray Audette. I read other things but these two were my mainstays. There is too much distraction out there nowadays, too many opinions, too many complications. I also participated in the forum on Dr Bernstein's website which at the time was very active and very helpful.