View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-11, 01:09

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hi Debbie and Nancy!

If I could find the original paper, I would be curious to know how much of the stuff the Dutch lady in question actually took!!!

Personally, I think ashwagandha is a righteous supplement and will start taking it again as soon as my delivery from the UK arrives.

I had to witness a consignment worth the princely sum of $9.38 being tossed into the trash at the customs the other day: it was the ashwagandha I ordered a couple of months ago...

The Germans are taking a new EU regulation very seriously. According to this new law, various supplements used in ayurvedic medicine and TCM are no longer allowed to be imported by private individuals as they are deemed to be useless by the powers that be in the European Parliament.

The fact that these supplements have been used for centuries - if not longer - in India and China counts for nothing, of course!!! There haven't been enough "double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled" blah blah studies for the European bureacrats...

I wonder how many of them were given a secret handout from the pharma industry for voting against alternative medicine???

It was interesting to find on pubmed that ashwagandha has been successfully used in breast cancer experiments. I bet the pharma industry doesn't like that one bit.

Anyway, rant over.

I do hope you ladies get some relief with the ashwagandha and no hyperthyroid symptoms.

amanda