Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #2125   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-19, 06:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello! Happy Thursday! I had to look and see what day it was. I didn't have a clue!

Jaz- sorry your tummy has been acting up. Stress can definitely do that- I tend to react that way as well.

I was a little surprised with your comments about the Beltline in Atlanta. I had heard good things about it.. it goes along Piedmont Park and Ponce City market etc. I haven't heard it was unsafe or in a crappy area.

Lori- How was the taco pie? Aaaaand I just saw your edit. Was it one of those things where you have meat and then a cream and cheese type topping over it? I like to make fathead dough and then put taco meat in it like an empanada. Tacos is one of the foods on my son's request list before he goes abroad. I hope you like your air fryer!

Blue- I read The Marriage Lie. There is definitely an excellent time and place for light reading like that. It is, for me, a great counterbalance when I am needing something more chill.. which seems to be frequently these days!

I just finished a book called "The Boy in the Photo" and now I am reading a book of short stories by Curtis Sittenfeld. This is interspersed with watching A Place to Call Home (I'm midway through Season two) and reading Certification books. I am really liking the show but every now and again I wish for one or two episodes where they are just NICE to each other. My DH always laughs at me when I moan about things like that.. he says there would be no story if they were just all hanging out being nice and I know he is right. I just get so bummed out when people don't just get to be HAPPY for a while!

DH is hooked (and about to finish) the short series "Blown Away" on Netflix which is GREAT. I highly recommend. Only about ten episodes, each about a half hour.

I think having LC options and grabbing delicious, inexpensive and satisfying food is a great plan for now or however long. Good for you!

Trig- Have a great trip!

•••••••

Up and showered this morning. Doing a CASA daycare visit in about an hour, then hoping to stop by and see a Bestie who had emergency gallbladder surgery a couple of days ago, if she feels up to it.

Still getting stuff done for DS20- he leaves a week from today.. contacts are ordered, laundry is washed and ready for packing etc. It is really hitting me how long and how far he be gone. It's all good though- he has a wonderful sense of adventure and honestly he picked a great country to go to (Amsterdam) because there is an incredibly high rate of English spoken there. I know he and his GF have planned to go to SO many places while they are there. I will have to get him to share his list with me so I can share it with you all.

DS17 is moseying along in his way. I am trying to stay chill.. his way is not my way, necessarily. I would take one day and knock out all the applications and be done, just to not have it over my head. He considers the fact that he should get started at some point in the near to distant future.. lol As of yet, though, no conflict about it. I want it done before the start of school so that is a couple of weeks yet.

DS20's food list: Tacos, meatloaf and roasted new potatoes, tortellini carbonara. I bought what is needed to make those for him before he goes.

On and off plan.