View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 10:02

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

I get where you're coming from. I obsessed a lot about food. This had good and bad consequences. I learned to cook a lot of nice food but I also got close to being obese. I have a huge collection of cookery books but mostly only one or two recipes in each really got me going. We made a family "recipe file" which I still use. However, since going LC I definitely obsess about food a lot less. I still cook and my husband, who has gone gluten free, still likes my cooking! I still make large quantities out of habit but we keep what's left and eat it later.
I also like to drink with my meals. I try to keep it under control but low carb hasn't really made a lot of difference there. Another battle for another time. It hasn't stopped me losing weight though.
I echo the comment about high-end restaurants. For a special treat I love to go to a nice restaurant where there are lots of low carb choices and you get the side dishes on the side so you can leave them or turn them down. Our local cheap and cheerful restaurant does quite well too though. I can eat several things off their menu and they are good about switching carbs for veggies.
Generally speaking, I prefer the way I am now. I eat to live instead of living to eat. And I am more aware of the meaning of sustenance and how the body has all these delicate mechanisms for maintaining a health weight even if the food supply is not so regular.