Old Wed, Jul-10-19, 07:19
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb712
I've been having this problem as well the last few days. Have to wait 15 minutes to log in because of excessive attempts. I'm thinking about deleting my account altogether. Is there a way to do that?

If a member no longer wishes to participate here at Active Low-Carber, then we can permanently delete the account. However, account deletions for the sole purpose of re-registering with a new name isn't permitted, so please don't do it. Also, new registrations are just as prone to this error as older ones, so signing up with a new name will not resolve the problem.

I'm not a webmaster so not sure of the exact mechanics behind this glitch but it appears to be due to automated search engine activity, like Google, Bing and others. There's no bored teenager or nefarious foreigner trying to hack into each of our accounts.

The best way to secure your account is to change your password right now. This is wise thing to do everywhere around the web, including facebook, amazon, your bank. Never, never use the same password for all of your online accounts!

How to Create a Strong Password (and Remember It), from How-To Geek

Doreen